Home » Before & After, Boy + Girl Decorate, Crafts, DIY, Headline, House Progress, Kitchen, Our House

Before & After–Thrift Store Mirror

20 March 2012 15 Comments

I was busy this weekend spray painting my thrift store mirror for the kitchen.  Thankfully the weather was absolutely gorgeous and I had all day Sunday to lounge and spray, lounge and spray, lounge and spray.  We sure are kicking off spring with a bang this year.  I’m crossing my fingers that mother nature won’t be back to haunt us with snow before the end of the month.  You just never know.  For now, we’re taking advantage of temperatures that belong in June, July and August with lots of barbequing and time on the deck – sipping coffee, doing crosswords, spray painting anything I can get my hands on. In case your memory is as bad as the boys, here is a reminder of what our $5 thrift store mirror looked when I brought it home.
IMG-20120307-00024March 2012 001
Half a can of Krylon’s Oil Rubbed Bronze in a satin finish later, we have this beauty on our hands.March 2012 033March 2012 032    March 2012 031March 2012 039March 2012 015March 2012 028March 2012 036March 2012 041So what do you think? I love the way it bounces the light around the room and how it ties in to the ORB puffy paint vase and the black frames hanging on the mudroom gallery wall.  And the best part?  This project cost $10.  Total.  $5 for the mirror and $5 for half a can of paint.  Score.  Now, I just have to do something about those counter tops.  Seriously, they’re killing me.  What did you get up to this weekend?  Are you experiencing summer weather where you are?diana

I linked up! Check out all of the spray painting madness!

15 Comments »

• Whitney @ Drab to Fab Design said:

I love it Diana! It’s so perfect for that spot! I still can’t believe you got it for $5. I think that might be the deal of the century!!

• Girl (author) said:

Hey Whitney! Thank You! Yeah I can’t really believe I got it for $5 either! I got really lucky that day!
    -Diana

• Melanie @ Mailbox Journey said:

Looks great & Awesome price!

• Girl (author) said:

Thank You Melanie!
    -Diana

• Me, Ed and Pea said:

What a great find! For only $5?? Awesome.

• Brandi @ His Shabby Her Chic said:

It seriously looks absolutely terrific! You picked the PERFECT spot! I love those mirrors and have been scouring the internet for one. Hopefully I’ll find one some day.

With everything that you’ve done so far, the countertops aren’t sticking out as much as they used to. I think you’re kitchen is looking pretty lovely.

• Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication.com said:

Love it! It looks so great!

• Girl (author) said:

Thank you all so much!
    Brandi – Your comment about the countertops helps! I appreciate it.
    -Diana

• Gabbi said:

The mirror looks terrific! I think it’s a wonderful addition to your kitchen! I have a similar one from Home Goods that I need to hang up by our front door. The question is…do I spray or not spray…hmmmm.

And its DEFINITELY summertime here and I couldn’t be happier! I am getting quite spoiled though…so when the temperatures return to normal, I am not going to be a happy camper!

• Shelley said:

It looks great! Also like the countertop setup with the apples and lemons..are the containers repurposed? Also, spill more about that lamp..I love it!

• Girl (author) said:

Hey Shelly! That lamp isn’t actually a lamp. It’s just a container that I bought. I put white mini lights in it and pulled the plug through one of the holes near the outlet. It casts a nice glow. I bought the containers at a Crabtree & Evelyn that was going out of business. I belive I paid $5 for the big one and maybe $3 for the small. I actually have a few kicking around the house.
    -Diana

• lyndsay @ that 70s house said:

$5!! i can’t believe it…looks great in that space…esp with the green apples!

• Girl (author) said:

Thanks Lyndsay! I’m loving granny smith green as an accent colur right now. Something about it is so fresh and spring like.
    -Diana

• Amy@BuffaloRoam said:

I love it. Love, love, love it. A lot. And it looks absolutely perfect in that spot!

• Girl (author) said:

Thank You Amy!

Leave your response!

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.

You can use these tags: