Summer Vacation 2012!
If you follow me on Twitter you already know that I’m on vacation! And I couldn’t be happier about it! It’s not all going to be rest and relaxation around here though. I have a list of things I want to do this week. Not all of them are for the house, a few are just for me! And I’ve already accomplished some of them! It’s only Tuesday!
Summer Vacation 2012 To-Do List
- Finish removing the paper and glue from the foyer floor. Yes you read that right. I still haven’t gotten around to that. How embarrassing. Hopefully back up will be arriving to help me with this job. You know who you are.
- Get a few of the photos I keep sharing with you printed. What’s the point in taking some many photos if I’m never going to print any. This week I have the time to go and finally do this.
- Clean out my purse. Wow. That is all I have to say about this item. The only thing sadder than having to put this on the list is the state of my purse. It’s insanity in there. The most random grouping of junk you’ve ever seen. If I’m feeling brave when I do this I will take a picture and share with you what an absolute mess I am.
- Pack a bag and get out of town! I have a little getaway planned for later in the week! It will be nice to get a way for a little bit.
Go to IKEA!We got a new IKEA near my house month and months ago. It’s the biggest IKEA in Canada and it’s literally 15 minuets away from me. Shame on me for not lining up at the grand opening. Those of you who follow me on Twitter know that I finally visited the new IKEA yesterday! I spent two house browsing isles and feeling inspired. I’ll share my purchases with you later this week!
- Refinish a piece of furniture. I have a stock pile of wood furniture that needs to be refinished. I would like to be able to finish at least one this week. I will probably start with one for the entry way.
Read a book.This item is done! I took Sunday and read. Almost all day. I started Before I Go To Sleep with breakfast and finished it with dinner. I couldn’t put it down. Have any of you read it? What did you think?
- Try a new recipe. I want to try at least one new recipe this week. I’m thinking it may feature plantains. I have two on my counter right now that I don’t know what to do with. I may have to consult Pinterest.
- Start brainstorming and working on a few blog projects. I want to participate in a few link parties next month and I need to get cracking on my submissions!
- Have an afternoon nap. There is nothing better than an afternoon nap and I want to have one this week. My getaway at the end of the week will lend itself nicely to napping.
- Clean up my front porch. The hot sun and lack of rain around here has taken it’s toll on my front porch. My plants are looking a little burnt and neglected. So I’m going to take a bit of time this week to start transitioning the porch to fall.
Wow. That list is longer than even I realized! I’ll be sure to share with you how I progress through it. As you can see some of the items are quick and easy and others are daunting and time consuming – I’m looking at you foyer floor! Wish me luck!