There is still a lot of work to do in my new office, but I’ve finally covered up most of the blue, purple, pink and peach paint. And the orange carpet has been trashed (hallelujah!!). Three walls have been covered in Valspar’s Aspen Gray (which you’ve seen before in my Sister’s master) and the fourth got a few lovely coats of the leftover Hosta Flower I used on my entry way table (seen here and most recently here – pretty and styled). I’m absolutely loving the lightness, brightness and sparkle the light wall adds to the room. So much so that I did the closet in the same colour. It won’t have a door and I think it will really help bounce the light around the room. Check out how the room looks today…In case you’re thinking it still looks like a mess – a quick trip down memory lane, just for fun. An improvement if only a small one. Here is a look at all of the work I still have left to do in here.
1. Install some shelving for storage.
2. Remove the light fixture and ceiling fan.
3. Buy and install a new light fixture.
4. Refinish the desk I plan to use.
5. Install a curtain rod and curtains.
6. Spruce up the walls with some art.
7. Replace the commercial grade door.
8. Figure out some sort of flooring solution.
Sometimes I think not making a list is the smart way to do things – just blindly and naively work away. Looking at everything written down makes it seem like it will be forever before I’m ready to move in to this space. One item at at time I guess.