It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas No.2 –Shortbread Bites
I’m so glad you’ve joined me for my second It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas post!
When I think of traditional Christmas cookies, I think of shortbread. And when I do my holiday baking, I ‘m really only interested in easy recipes. The holidays are a busy enough time without making things harder on ourselves. Right? So when I stumbled upon this shortbread recipe, I couldn’t wait to try it. It only requires four ingredients – and I already had them all! Let me tell you, this recipe was as delicious as it was easy! Of course the extra butter I added to roll them in to bites instead of cookies probably didn’t hurt.These bites taste like traditional shortbread cookies. They would make a great addition to any holiday sweet table or a fantastic hostess gift. But only if you put them in a jar! Obviously.
Here are the directions if you want to give it a try. But you should check out the link for variations of the recipe! Did someone say chocolate dipped?
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour (I used Robin Hood because it’s what I had.)
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat butter, powdered sugar and vanilla with spoon. Stir in flour. (If dough is crumbly, mix in 1 to 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened.) (I added more butter but I didn’t measure. I just waited for a nice consistency for “balling”.)
- Roll dough 1/2 inch thick on lightly floured surface. Cut into small shapes by hand or use cookie cutters. Place 1/2 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. (This is where I just rolled them in to balls and plopped them on the cookie sheet.)
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until set and bottoms are light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
What about you? When you think of Christmas does a certain treat spring to mind? Do you have a favourite recipe you’d like to share? I’m always looking to add to my collection!