Home » Boy + Girl Cook, Christmas, Featured, Headline, It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas No.11–Eggnog Cookies

16 December 2012 10 Comments

I’m so glad you could join me for my 11th, It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas post.  I have lots of work to do if I’m going to post another 14 times between now and Christmas.  Maybe these cookies will give me the energy I need!

Eggnog.  It’s one of those seasonal treats you either love or hate.  Personally, I love it.  I’m pretty sure I could drink it year round and never get sick of it.  So when I stumbled upon a recipe (over on the recipe critic)  for eggnog cookies with eggnog glaze, I had to give it a try!  And I have to say, I wasn’t disappointed!  I love these cookies.  And the best part is this recipe made a ton of them.  So I’m going to be able to share these with my family over the holidays.  I hope they love them as much as I do.Egg Nog Cookies 1 WM Egg Nog Cookies 2 WM Even those who don’t love eggnog will love these cookies because the nog is pretty subtle.  Here is the recipe if you want to give them a try.

Eggnog Cookies
1 1/4 cups white sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup eggnog
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Eggnog Glaze:
1 ½ cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons eggnog

1.  Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
2.  Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.  Set aside.
3.  Cream sugar and butter together in mixing bowl.
4.  Add eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks.  Beat at medium speed with a mixer until smooth.
5.  Add the flour mixture and beat at low speed until combined.  Do not over-mix.
6.  Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet or parchment paper and make the dough balls rather small because they will spread in the oven.
7.  Bake 15-18 minutes.
8.  While the cookies are in the oven make the glaze by combining the powdered sugar with 3 T eggnog.
9.  Drizzle the glaze over your cookies – I dunked mine!  If you want to see pretty drizzled cookies click here!

What are your thoughts on eggnog?  Love it?  Hate it?  Could you drink it year round or is it just a holiday treat?

diana

10 Comments »

• Antonella @ The Comfortable Home said:

I’m actually not a fan of eggnog…the cookies look really cute though, I would still make them!

• Girl (author) said:

You should give them a try Antonella! If you do let me know how you like them!
    -Diana

• Christine @ Casa-de-Christine said:

Not an egg nog fan. The cookies look adorable though! My little brother loves the stuff and drinks about a liter of it a day from the time it comes out until they take it away again.

• Gabbi said:

I have never had eggnog before…I’ve always been too scared to try it haha.

• Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication said:

I’m not really a fan of egg nog, but these cookies look delicious!

• Girl (author) said:

I can’t believe there aren’t any eggnog fans out there! And I really can’t believe you’ve never tried it Gabbi! Try it this Christmas! I would love to know what you think of it!
    -Diana

• Rachel@hammeringourwayhome said:

Eggnog cookies, STOP! I need to try baking these asap!!

• KarmicAngel said:

I LOVE eggnog. Trying these next week for those of us still at work (covering off for the rest of the team who is off for the holidays!)

• Girl (author) said:

Hey Rachel! Let me know what you think if you get around to baking these!

Hi KarmicAngel! Thank so much for dropping in on us! I would love to hear what you think of them! They’re the perfect treat to keep you and the team in the spirit while you’re working!

-Diana

• Kelly @ Corner of Main said:

Wow. These sound good.
    I love eggnog and cookies…perfect!

Leave your response!

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.

You can use these tags: