It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas No.11–Eggnog Cookies
I’m so glad you could join me for my 11th, It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas post. I have lots of work to do if I’m going to post another 14 times between now and Christmas. Maybe these cookies will give me the energy I need!
Eggnog. It’s one of those seasonal treats you either love or hate. Personally, I love it. I’m pretty sure I could drink it year round and never get sick of it. So when I stumbled upon a recipe (over on the recipe critic) for eggnog cookies with eggnog glaze, I had to give it a try! And I have to say, I wasn’t disappointed! I love these cookies. And the best part is this recipe made a ton of them. So I’m going to be able to share these with my family over the holidays. I hope they love them as much as I do.Even those who don’t love eggnog will love these cookies because the nog is pretty subtle. Here is the recipe if you want to give them a try.
1 1/4 cups white sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup eggnog
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 ½ cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons eggnog
1. Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. Cream sugar and butter together in mixing bowl.
4. Add eggnog, vanilla, and egg yolks. Beat at medium speed with a mixer until smooth.
5. Add the flour mixture and beat at low speed until combined. Do not over-mix.
6. Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet or parchment paper and make the dough balls rather small because they will spread in the oven.
7. Bake 15-18 minutes.
8. While the cookies are in the oven make the glaze by combining the powdered sugar with 3 T eggnog.
9. Drizzle the glaze over your cookies – I dunked mine! If you want to see pretty drizzled cookies click here!
What are your thoughts on eggnog? Love it? Hate it? Could you drink it year round or is it just a holiday treat?